Xpra: Ticket #1810: --exit-with-children broken

The --exit-with-children option seems to be currently broken:

$ xpra --start-child=xterm --exit-with-children start ssh:aimlin:11
2018-04-16 17:52:40,463 Xpra gtk2 client version 2.2.6-r19015 64-bit
2018-04-16 17:52:40,463  running on Linux Debian stable-updates sid
2018-04-16 17:52:42,138 GStreamer version 1.14.0 for Python 2.7.14 64-bit
2018-04-16 17:52:42,454 No OpenGL_accelerate module loaded: No module named OpenGL_accelerate
2018-04-16 17:52:42,620 OpenGL enabled with Mesa DRI Intel(R) Haswell
2018-04-16 17:52:42,630 failed to instantiate the dbus notification handler:
2018-04-16 17:52:42,630  you may need to start a notification service for 'org.freedesktop.Notifications'
2018-04-16 17:52:42,630  disable notifications to avoid this warning
2018-04-16 17:52:42,647  keyboard settings: rules=evdev, model=pc105, layout=fr
2018-04-16 17:52:42,648  desktop size is 1920x1080 with 1 screen:
2018-04-16 17:52:42,648   :0.0 (508x285 mm - DPI: 96x96) workarea: 1920x1020 at 0x60
2018-04-16 17:52:42,648     monitor 1 (480x270 mm - DPI: 101x101)
2018-04-16 17:52:43,250 Error: cannot watch for video device changes without pyinotify:
2018-04-16 17:52:43,250  No module named pyinotify
2018-04-16 17:52:44,249 xpra initialization error:
2018-04-16 17:52:44,249  --exit-with-children option does not take a value
2018-04-16 17:52:44,250 Error: printing disabled:
2018-04-16 17:52:44,250  No module named cups
2018-04-16 17:52:44,257 Connection lost

Notice I did not give a value to the option. The command succeeds if I remove the option entirely.

Fri, 20 Apr 2018 03:54:10 GMT - Antoine Martin: owner changed; milestone set

Xpra gtk2 client version 2.2.6-r19015 64-bit running on Linux Debian stable-updates sid

My guess is that your server is quite a bit older than that. Please try r19024. There might be other command line options which need to be handled in a more backwards compatible manner, but I don't have the time to figure out which ones.

Fri, 20 Apr 2018 12:47:08 GMT - Cigaes: status changed; resolution set

I think I somehow fumbled my testing, indeed. I re-tested and it works. Sorry for the noise.

Sat, 23 Jan 2021 05:34:23 GMT - migration script:

this ticket has been moved to: https://github.com/Xpra-org/xpra/issues/1810