Xpra: Ticket #2387: nvidia capture SDK v7.1
What’s new in NVIDIA Capture SDK 7.1
- NvFBC clients can now specify the rate at which NvFBC should attempt to sample frames.
- Added push model support to NvFBC blocking capture, clients can receive frames as soon as they are presented by applications.
- NvIFROpenGL headers and samples are removed from the SDK. Please refer to README for more details.
- NvFBCHwEncode headers and samples are removed from the SDK. Please refer to release notes for more details.
- NvIFR headers and samples are removed from the SDK. Please refer to release notes for more details.
Thu, 22 Aug 2019 09:40:48 GMT - Antoine Martin: status, milestone changed
changed from new to assigned
changed from 3.0 to 4.0
Of particular interest:
[in] Enable push model for frame capture
When set to NVFBC_TRUE, the display server will generate frames whenever it receives a damage event from applications.
Setting this to NVFBC_TRUE will ignore ::dwSamplingRateMs.
Using push model with the NVFBC_*_GRAB_FLAGS_NOWAIT_IF_NEW_FRAME_READY capture flag should guarantee the shortest amount of time between an application rendering a frame and an NvFBC client capturing it, provided that the NvFBC client is able to process the frames quickly enough.
Note that applications running at high frame rates will increase CPU and GPU loads.
Sat, 21 Sep 2019 12:27:41 GMT - Antoine Martin: milestone changed
changed from 4.0 to 4.1
See also #2786
Thu, 08 Oct 2020 09:13:49 GMT - Antoine Martin: status changed; resolution set
changed from assigned to closed
set to fixed
r27633 adds push mode, enabled by default, which can be disabled with
Sat, 23 Jan 2021 05:49:56 GMT - migration script:
this ticket has been moved to: https://github.com/Xpra-org/xpra/issues/2387