Nothing has changed in the debian directory for quite some time and things were still building fine last week (I still have deb packages I made).
But when I tried yesterday:
dh binary --with python2 --with quilt dh_testroot dh_prep dh_install dh_install: xpra missing files (usr/lib/*/*/xpra), aborting debian/rules:10: recipe for target 'binary' failed make: *** [binary] Error 2 dpkg-buildpackage: error: fakeroot debian/rules binary gave error exit status 2 debuild: fatal error at line 1364: dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot -D -us -uc -b failed mv: cannot stat ‘/usr/src/tmp/BUILDROOT/Xpra/trunk/*deb’: No such file or directory mv: cannot stat ‘/usr/src/tmp/BUILDROOT/Xpra/trunk/*changes’: No such file or directory
It doesn't even try to build anything and fails with the cryptic messages above.
If I remove the
BUILDOPTS and the overrides for build and install, it does actually build something, but then I get this error instead afterwards:
dh_install: xpra missing files (usr/lib/*/*/xpra), aborting debian/rules:10: recipe for target 'binary' failed
Lots of time wasted, still stuck. Please help!
So far I could not reproduce this problem by building manually from trunk (i.e. copy
src folder to temporary directory, add "debian" to it, add patches to
debian/patches/series file, etc.).
Please try to build with
export DH_VERBOSE=1 added to the beginning of
debian/rules file. It may also be helpful to add
-v argument to dh_auto_build and to dh_auto_install.
Also I would add
--with-verbose to BUILDOPTS in order to increase (upstream) build verbosity.
Sorry to have wasted your time, the problem was at my end as usual (in the horrible build scripts that I use): the build scripts needed to take out
BUILDOPTS for Ubuntu which does not support xdummy, and because of a scripting mistake, it ended up taking it out in all cases.. and that's what was causing the
debuild command to fail in this odd manner.
I've changed it to just replace
without-Xdummy in the rules file (for Ubuntu only), and that works fine in all cases now.
No worries, I'm glad that you've found (and fixed) the problem.
this ticket has been moved to: https://github.com/Xpra-org/xpra/issues/710